It's the Jubilee weekend, and I had to make something!
And it had to be a Victoria Sponge (with it's royal connections) topped with a Strawberry Crown!
Jubilee Cake Recipe:
Two 7-8 Inch Cake tins
8oz Self Raising Flour
8oz Caster Sugar
Silver Cake Decoration Edible Balls
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
2. Line the 2 cake tins with baking paper.
3. Cream together the sugar and butter.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla mixture gradually to the butter and sugar, adding a bit of flour with the final portion of egg.
5. Fold in the sieved flour.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the 2 tins and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
8. Once the cake has cooled, on one of the cakes layer the cream and fruit.
9. Place the second cake on top.
10. For the crown, cut 2 strawberries in half and place the 4 pieces in the centre of the cake in a round.
11. Decorate with the butter icing, blueberries and silver balls.
Have a lovely Jubilee Weekend!