Sunday, 5 February 2012
Heart Biscuits for Valentine's Day
When I saw these pink and white heart biscuits I had to give them a try, I also fancied doing a bit of icing, so kept a few white hearts aside.
If you like a plain biscuit then you'll love these, but I think I might add some lemon next time to make them a bit tastier.
But if you want to give them a try here is the recipe:
3 Tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
0.5 teaspoon of salt
Red food colouring
Sugar to dust.
1. Beat the sugar, butter, milk, egg and vanilla until well blended.
2. Beat in the flour, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
For the 2 tone hearts:
3. Divide the mixture in half and added the red food colouring to one half until desired colour achieved.
4. Put in cling film and place in the fridge for an hour.
5. Heat oven to 200 degrees C
6. Roll out the white dough first and cut out with a large heart cutter. Repeat with the pink dough.
7.Using a small heart cutter cut the centre out of the larger hearts, then swap the colours.
8. Lightly grease a baking tray.
9. Place biscuits onto baking tray and sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake for 5-9 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
For single white biscuits:
Cool biscuits before icing.