Friday 25 May 2012

Boys Nautical Blue Stripe Bunting

With the Queen's Jubilee next week, bunting seems to be everywhere. Inspired by this and with some left over blue stripe fabric, I thought I would make some bunting for the baby's room. 


It was really simple to make even with my novice sewing skills.
 Using a triangular template, for each piece of bunting, I cut out 2 pieces of fabric.


Placing the two pieces together inside out, I pinned the triangles together and sewed up the 2 sides. ( no need to do the top)


Repeat until you have enough flags for the bunting. I made 11 flags for 2.5 meters of bunting.


I then turned the triangle right side out. And sewed them onto 2.5 metre strip of cotton white fabric.






I love it, it's just so bright and cheery.  I think I'll bring it out for his birthday party next month as well.


And here is the bunting with the matching baby chair.
At some point I will get round to painting some pictures for his walls!


This post was part of Simply Designing link party , Today's Craft Blog, and Someday Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...